Winning Ribbons at the Hanna, Alberta Fall Fair

We moved to Hanna, Alberta, about a year ago. 
Over the course of that year we have experienced life in small town Alberta.
The Hanna Fall Fair is one of those small town experiences.
Below are some of our winning entries for "photography" at the Fall Fair bench show.




This picture netted me a 1st place red ribbon in "Skyscapes" (above).




I took this shot while on my way to work
(construction project - plumbing) earlier this year.
At the time,
 I didn't have any idea that we would enter it into a competition, let alone win anything.
This picture got me a 2nd place blue ribbon for "Winterscapes" (above).




I took this picture a few years back
while on another construction project (townhouses in Edmonton).
This is a picture of the piping around a "tankless" water heater
which was also being used to heat the house.  That is why there is so much piping and tubing.
The big copper coil was actually new for me at the time (in 2015).
This helps preheat the cold water going into the "tankless."
 For the record this was not my design.
We simply followed the specs that we were given by the townhouse developer.
Needless to say this picture placed 2nd for "Mechanical Design" photographs (above).




Who takes pictures of their tools?
Well, I did - but again, with no competition in mind.
This photo actually got me a 3rd place white ribbon for the "Still Life" photo category.






Corinne won a 2nd place blue ribbon for her entry of "human portrait - candid."
Ironically, entering the Hanna Fall Fair was Corinne's (my wife's) idea.  
The irony is that I "faired" better with my photo entries 
(4 ribbons - 1 - 1st, 2 - 2nd, 1 - 3rd) 
than she did (only 2 ribbons).
The infuriating thing - to her anyway? - is that I am in her winning photo - that's right - 
that's me in the 2 photos directly above (taken at the Art Gallery of Alberta).
So who can tell us what I am looking at on the wall?
What are the papers covering or representing?




And the best for last.
Here is my darling wife - showing off her 1st place red ribbon
for "Abstract Art."


We hope to see you at the Hanna Fall Fair next year.