Poetry vs. Blogging

Why do many poetry books look the same?

They are all of a certain size.
Pages are bigger than a pocket novel.
There are few pages (in modern volumes - I use the word "volumes" loosely).
Weird and mainly "stark looking" covers (in colour combinations that are typically not easy to look at).

Then there are few words to each page (which should not go over well with the environmental types, but is seemingly never mentioned).  However, if I drink filtered water out of a plastic bottle occasionally then I hear about it everywhere.  Sounds hypocritical to me.

Well I guess one could make fun of bloggers too.
We are always linking to other "content" (though not in this post).

A lot times there are too many words (mainly not worth reading - though I don't think so in my case).

Isn't free speech grand?

Thanks for reading.

Your mostly humble blogger,

Jay Bortnik